GMM Lamper (Trade Maintenance Mechanic II)
Posting Number: req17452
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Maint Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsFacilities Management Electrical Services department is looking for a General Maintenance Mechanic to join our team to assist the department as a Lamper. The Electrical Shop in Facilities Management is an award-winning team that provides a wide variety of Electrical Services to the University of Arizona campus.
This position will perform a variety of tasks with precision and safety including repairing and maintaining indoor and outdoor lighting systems. Successful candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. overhead, work off of 20 ft. ladders and work in adverse conditions including extreme heat or cold.
If you are a trained electrical GMM with a great attitude, a strong understanding of customer service, and are interested in developing your knowledge skills and abilities, then we invite you to apply.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for
the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs complex electrical lamping repairs such as replacing electronic ballast, fixtures, and installing lighting fixtures.
- Performs general electrical repairs, such as resetting circuit breakers and replacing cord caps, buffer switches, and light switches.
- Makes minor repairs to electrical equipment, such as lighting fixtures.
- Uses power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
- Operates forklifts, dollies, and other basic loading and unloading equipment, as required.
- Services equipment by oiling, greasing, and adding gas as required.
- Provides technical direction, coordinates the work schedules, and reviews the performance of assigned personnel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. overhead, work off of 20 ft. ladders, and work in adverse conditions including extreme heat or cold.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required. Journeyman level position. Completion of a high school education or an equivalent combination of apprenticeship program, technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with voltages up to 277 VAC.
- Experience with electronic ballasts.
- Experience with exit and emergency lighting.
- Experience with complex lighting control systems.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.33 - $25.41
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Skilled Crafts & Trades
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.