Assistant or Associate Professor of Health Sciences / UMKC School of Nursing & Health Studies
UNIVERSITY of MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY
School of Nursing and Health Studies
Bachelor of Health Sciences Program
The innovative research and instructional building on the Health Science campus at UMKC places the School of Nursing and Health Studies (SoNHS) at the center of Life and Health Sciences education and research, alongside the schools of Pharmacy, Dentistry, and Medicine providing unique opportunities for collaborative research and pedagogy. Three teaching hospitals, the Health Department and several clinics are adjacent to the campus in addition to the University of Missouri System's NextGen Data Science and Analytics Innovation Center.
Research expertise at the SoNHS spans the continuum from bench science to translational research and beyond. UMKC participates in the Regional Clinical and Translational Science (CTSA) funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at the University of Kansas and in an interuniversity research collaborative in the Kansas City region. The SoNHS engages over 1,400 students and offers the BHS and pre-licensure BSN, RN to BSN, MSN, DNP, and PhD programs.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies at the University of Missouri - Kansas City seeks applications for a 12-month tenure track/tenure-eligible Assistant or Associate Professor faculty member to teach in our Bachelor of Health Sciences program to begin January 1, 2024. The faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate classes, support our commitment to respect, integrity, excellence, innovation and health via mentorship and teaching, and engage in service responsibilities, such as participating on committees at the School and University levels.
The faculty selected for a tenure track/tenured position will be expected to:
* Maintain an active program of scholarship and externally funded research;
* Collaborate with faculty in SoNHS and other Schools to assist in obtaining extramural funding;
* Teach in the Bachelor of Health Sciences program;
* Provide service appropriate to the rank and position;
* Act as faculty advisor for students in the BHS;
* Lead in curriculum development, creation of syllabi, and updates of the program curriculum.
* Advance the goals of the School of Nursing and Health Studies and the University of Missouri-Kansas City's Strategic Plan; and
* Provide guidance in the application of technology to Health Sciences
* An earned doctorate in Health Sciences or a related field;
* A record of scholarship and propensity/evidence for funded research conducive to tenure eligibility at rank;
* Experience and/or willingness to collaborate with faculty and mentor doctoral students; and
* Capability or expertise in clinical outcomes research.
Commensurate with rank, qualifications, success in externally funded research, and experience.
For consideration, you must apply online at www.umkc.edu/jobs, click in Academic Positions Job Opening ID 48855.
Please combine all application materials:
* personal letter of interest and applicable experience which qualifies you for a tenure-track faculty position;
* curriculum vitae;
* statement of research interest, experience, and potential for/or success in extramural funding; and
* a list of at least 5 professional references with current, complete contact information for each.
Combine all materials into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as your resume attachment not to exceed 11MB. Limit document name to 50 characters and do not include any special characters (e.g. /, %, &, etc.
* If you are experiencing technical problems during application, please email email@example.com .
* For questions about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org including the Job Identification number 48855 and name of the position.
* Reasonable accommodations may be requested during the application and recruitment process. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
We will contact references and request educational transcripts for applicants who progress to the finalist stage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person's success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity & Title IX at 816-235-6910.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
We offer full healthcare benefits that start day one, generous paid time off, paid winter break, and university education benefits for all 4 UM System campuses for employees and qualifying dependents. Visit our Total Rewards page to learn more.
Also, explore the Total Rewards website to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource.