Open Rank Faculty Positions in Nursing
Job ID: 263755
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for nine-month, tenure track, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor of Nursing faculty positions in the Wellstar School of Nursing that begins August 2024. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
Positions report to the Director of the Wellstar School of Nursing. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in undergraduate or graduate classroom and clinical courses. Other responsibilities include participation in ongoing curricular assessment, scholarship and creative activities, and service in departmental, college, and university committees.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Program development expectations
- Recruitment expectations
- Dissertation/ project /thesis supervision
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
- Working with a student success mindset
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
- An earned terminal degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Nursing or Nursing Education (PhD, DNS DNP), Education (EdD) or a related field. Candidates who did not complete a BSN to PhD or BSN to DNP degree, must possess a master's degree in nursing, or the foreign equivalent. BSN to PhD or BSN-DNP graduates are not required to hold a master's degree.
- An active RN license in Georgia or eligibility for a Georgia nursing license.
The required degree must be earned by start date.
- Prior teaching experience in Adult health, Community health, Psychiatric/Mental health, Parent/child or Women's health nursing and/or Informatics, Skills and Simulation lab.
- Evidence of scholarship and creative activities.
- Prior success in obtaining intramural or extramural funding.
- Experience in a clinical practice.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
- Teaching philosophy and how you will advance student success at KSU
Application deadline is December 31, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Susan Dyess, firstname.lastname@example.org, 470-578-4786.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.