Lecturer of Nursing
Job ID: 263746
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for nine-month, non-tenure track faculty positions as Lecturer of Nursing in the Wellstar School of Nursing that begins August 2024.
The position will report to the Director of the Wellstar School of Nursing. Primary teaching responsibilities will be at the undergraduate level primarily in clinical courses and may also be in didactic courses. There is also an expectation of service to the department, college, university, and/or professional community.
Other responsibilities include:
- Program development expectations
- Recruitment expectations
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
- Student Advising
- Working with a student success mindset
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
- An active RN license in Georgia or eligibility for a Georgia nursing license.
- A master's degree, or the foreign equivalent in nursing.
- Qualified applicants will have clinical expertise in one or more practice areas including adult health, community health, psychiatric/mental health, parent/child, or women's health nursing and/or skills and simulation labs.
- Candidates will also have a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience in nursing education or serving as a preceptor for nursing students in clinical settings.
- Licenses, certifications, or professional memberships.
- Specific clinical experiences with adult health, community health, mental health, pediatric/ maternal health or critical care Experience teaching on-line or hybrid course.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
- Teaching philosophy and how you will advance student success at KSU
Application deadline is December 31, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Susan Dyess, Susan Dyess email@example.com, 470-578-4786.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email email@example.com.