Assistant Facility Security Officer
Virginia Tech's Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) is seeking to fill an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) for multiple programs executed out of the Blacksburg, VA home office. Due to sensitivity of responsibilities, position requires US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
As the AFSO, you will work closely with OESRC security management to ensure compliance with U.S. Government directives, regulations, and requirements, as well as university policies and procedures and customer-directed requirements. The AFSO contributes to all aspects of the Virginia Tech National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and reports to the home office Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO).
The AFSO responsibilities include:
* Support managing facility clearance, including accredited facilities
* Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of security policies and procedures
* Processing and managing personnel security clearances, including required trainings/briefings and use of government systems
* Coordinating with other team members, such as Research Security and the Arlington Branch Office
* Bachelor's degree with significant training and/or progressive professional experience in lieu of an advanced degree or Advanced degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen due to the nature and sensitivity of the position
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligibility
* Experience with DOD security processing systems such as DISS, NISS, e-QIP, SWFT
* Experience using database management systems and tools
* Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility and Counterintelligence (CI) or full-scope Polygraph
* Have held or have current certification, clearance or designation in at least one of the following: Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Special Security Officer, Program Security Officer, Assistant Facility Security Officer
* Completion of FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum
* A basic understanding of ISSM & ISSO duties and responsibilities
* Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with a wide range of internal and external customers
beginning at 70,000; commensurate with experience
October 16, 2023
Must be a U.S. Citizen due to the nature and sensitivity of the position
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligibility
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.