The purpose of this position is to oversee the strategic development, management and delivery of University video assets. This position acts as the official University videographer and will handle an extensive range of video assignments for the University Marketing & Communications office as well as campus constituents.
- Produce engaging content to build relationships between the University and prospective students, parents, alumni and other key stakeholders.
- Elevate the Montevallo brand by creating visually compelling original video content for use on the University’s social media channels, website, digital advertising, on-campus assets and other media distribution platforms.
- Collaborate closely with internal clients to help facilitate the creation of video content ensuring ADA compliance. Plan, coordinate, direct, shoot, edit and caption marketing-related video projects for use across various digital platforms. Responsible for color correction, audio editing and music selection.
- Effectively manage assigned projects on time and within the appropriate scope and budget.
- Capture a variety of different types of content including but not limited to b-roll, interviews, University events, ceremonies, lectures and performances, etc. Document campus life on a daily basis, being alert and ready to capture unplanned video and multimedia storytelling opportunities.
- Maintain a highly curated, extensive current and historical video library. Regularly archive, keyword and organize database so assets can be easily identified and accessed.
- Assist the Director and MarComm team with ideas on how to tell the University of Montevallo story through various video projects.
- Assist the Director, University Photography Manager and Creative Services Manager in coordinating promotional photography or videography shoots. Work closely with photographers or videographers who may be contracted for special assignments.
- Distribute and collect signatures on video and photo Model Release and Consent Agreements for University shoots and keep files of signed releases.
- Ensure the operational condition of equipment by testing and performing preventative maintenance as needed including but not limited to firmware updates, overseeing the security, operation and maintenance of all equipment utilized in shooting, filming, editing and archiving.
- In the case of emergency, under general direction from the UM Emergency Operations Team, document events in video form.
- Handle multiple assignments well, maintaining a positive attitude under pressure and meeting deadlines. Quick and efficient project turnarounds are appreciated.
- Stay abreast of industry technology, techniques, trends and best practices to sharpen skills and to share insights with other team members. Provide support and updates to supervisor, project leaders and internal clients throughout each project.
- Value diversity and inclusion in day-to-day interactions and in creative recommendations and decision making.
- Attend and/or present at meetings as needed.16. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced shooting and lighting techniques.
Ability to conceptualize and create eye-catching video and images for various digital channels.
Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up and maintain video, audio, lighting or other production equipment.
Sony mirrorless equipment provided.Understanding of post-production techniques.
Familiarity with closed captioning tools and accessibility.
Can work in a variety of digital venues with software to edit and finish video work.
Manual dexterity, physical mobility and some physical strength/stamina.
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.), Apple Final Cut Pro, Mac OS and YouTube Studio.
Demonstrated ability to translate content strategy into digital content planning.
Excellent communication skills.
Open to collaboration and team input.
Creativity and attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
Understanding of new and emerging media platforms and ability to adapt and grow to changing media trends.
Experience with PhotoShelter (or similar) digital asset management software a plus.
Familiarity with creating videos for digital advertising on social media platforms a plus.
Previous experience in K-12 or higher education marketing or communication preferred.
Education and Experience
The educational requirement for this position is: Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Mass Communication, Marketing or other relevant degree.
Education substituted for experience? No
This position requires: 1 year of experience producing marketing-related video content.
Experience substituted for education? Yes