Interprofessional Presence, Simulation Center Pool Staff - Part Time (Phoenix)
Posting Number: req17646
Department: COM Phoenix Academic Affairs
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix Center for Simulation and Innovation (CSI) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Simulation Pool Staff (non-faculty). The CSI Pool Staff hourly positions include Simulation Operator and Interprofessional Presence (IPP). Our Center for Simulation and Innovation teaches medical students to be tomorrow's doctors using safe practice with mannequins and task trainers. In this role, you would be a primary participant in clinical scenarios acting as a clinical nurse presence support (IPP) during Simulation events, operating high- and low-fidelity clinical simulation equipment, setting up and tearing down simulation event rooms, conducting tours of the facility and other duties as assigned. Knowledge of clinical healthcare practices, simulation, and related competencies are especially important to the IPP position as this knowledge is applied during Simulation events.
Work shifts for this part time position are scheduled on an as needed basis and will vary in scope and complexity based upon your level of experience in accordance with CSI events, programs and projects. The shifts can be scheduled for up to 4-8 hours and the ideal expectation is that Pool Staff will work several four-hour shifts per month. Common event day schedules include Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays within normal business hours (8am-5pm). Pool Staff self-select and sign up for offered hourly shifts using CSI's online scheduling and staffing systems, usually posted well in advance (more than two months out). Parking costs will be paid by the CSI in the designated Phoenix Biomedical Campus garage. This position does not include benefits.
Please be sure to watch the videos on our website to get a better idea of who we are and how we contribute to the mission of the College: https://phoenixmed.arizona.edu/simcenter.
Please Note: Applications are accepted year-round with hiring tiimes being based on the Center's hiring needs. We do not hire every month.
If you are looking to apply for the Simulation Operator position within our Pool Staff rather than the Interprofessional Presence position, please visit: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/17684?c=arizona.
The University of Arizona has been
recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about
working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit, talent.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprofessional Presence primary role is to apply clinical experience and act as a clinical nurse presence support (IPP) during high and low fidelity clinical education scenarios using simulation and related technology.
- Responsible for setup, tear down, and quality assurance of simulation activities, special projects, and CSI events.
- Conduct tours of the facility and may teach procedures.
- Provide program and project support, training, and guidance to faculty and Simulation Staff including other Pool Staff members.
- Participate in event pre-brief and event de-brief meetings, including giving and receiving feedback in discussions with faculty, students, staff and management.
- May serve as event, project, or shift leader.
- May participate in clinical simulations as Simulation Operator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequently bend, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds (i.e. Mannequin, task trainers and supply boxes).
- Frequently bends/stoops, pushes/pulls, walks, and twists.
- Current unrestricted license or certification in good standing to practice as a(n) Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Emergency Paramedic (CEP), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), medical assistant, Respiratory Therapist (RT), Physician Assistant (PA) or similar healthcare provider professional;
- OR, Three years' prior experience as a(n) Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Emergency Paramedic (CEP), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), medical assistant, Respiratory Therapist (RT), Physician Assistant (PA) or similar healthcare provider professional;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and or/education.
* Recent experience providing healthcare in a clinical setting.
* Previous experience in a hospital setting such as in pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, medical/surgical, peri-operative, telemetry, etc.
* Previous experience in a clinical simulation setting, actively engaged in simulation events.
* Mastery of Simulation Operator role.
* Proficient with web-based computer programs (Microsoft Suite and Teams, GoogleDocs, scheduling).
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 4
Job FTE: 0.10
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $22.77 - $34.15, DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Med Education Prgm
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 0
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.