Administrative Support Assistant III - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Posting Number: req17715
Department: Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (EEB) invites applications for Administrative Support Assistant III. This position will provide guidance and assistance to faculty and staff and support for departmental events and activities. The ideal candidate will exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and a collaborative spirit. There is some unpredictability on the day-to-day in this role, so a flexible mindset and sense of humor will be advantageous.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for
the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primarily supports the
Department Head and Department Head's Office.
- Works to resolve non-routine
situations and interpret guidelines, procedures, policies, and practices
within the scope of the position.
- Plan and coordinate departmental events originating from the
DH office (i.e., seminars, retreats, receptions, etc.). Assist with preparing
itineraries and arranging meetings. Arrange travel and lodging for guest
speakers and prospective faculty candidates.
- Maintain departmental listservs.
- Facilitate activities for the EEB community, such as health
and wellness checks.
- Coordinate affiliations with visiting researchers and
collaborators, including managing the Designated Campus Colleague appointment
- Provide new personnel with information on obtaining a NetID, Cat Card, keys/door codes, etc.
- Initiate purchases, collect receipts, and reconcile PCard
expenses. Prepare financial forms and paperwork, including expense and travel
reimbursements, honorariums, etc.
- Help manage communication for the DH including addressing
requested information, drafting reference letters, nomination letters, and
- Announce EEB faculty meetings, help gather agenda items and
prepare supporting information for the DH, and attend meetings to take minutes.
- Help coordinate annual faculty reviews and other mandatory
faculty activities, such as promotion and tenure.
- Serve as a liaison between the DH and faculty, students,
staff, and UA administration.
- Assist with reserving rooms and equipment for meetings,
lectures, and events.
- Assist with other administrative projects and tasks as
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Director of Academic & Support Services
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Three professional references will be required from finalists later in hiring process.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.