Facilities Specialist, Curry Health Center
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College.
*Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com*.Staff Vacancy Announcement
The Curry Health Center invites applications for a Facilities Specialist to oversee cleaning patient and staff areas in the Curry Health Center (CHC) building. CHC strives to provide the best possible care to students in the safest possible environment. To do that, we rely on a custodial team to keep our facility clean and disinfected. Custodians also work to ensure the long-term health, safety and viability of our facility through routine maintenance and deep-cleaning.
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, trash removal, and sanitizing
- General maintenance such as changing light bulbs and filters
- Supplying paper products and soap
- Provide direct customer service to members of the campus and to the community at large
- Provides training and oversight of other custodial workers
- May have limited supervisory responsibilities of students, typically up to five students on a regular basis
- Provides inventory control
- Requests and/or stocks supplies from central supply
- Reports or requests repairs to facility
- Reports equipment maintenance needs
- May operate a broad variety of equipment such as tucker poles, extraction equipment, high rangers, genie lifts, and vehicles.
- May operate office equipment such a computers, faxes, printers and calculators.
- Builds and maintains a work atmosphere of trust and respect by establishing open communication among team members; recognizing the value of individual differences at all levels of the organization; taking steps to prevent destructive conflict and handling conflict in an appropriate manner; listening and responding appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of all individuals; and providing support and assistance to team members.
Limited supervisory duties include, performing physical inspections of work sites cleaned by others; conducting limited specialized training; and overseeing the appropriate operation of equipment.Required Skills
- Knowledge, skill and ability required to perform duties and responsibilities of lower level positions
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members
- Work with a variety of diverse groups of individuals effectively
- Read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures; and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation; interpersonal, listening and oral communication; organization and time-management
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, up to 50 pounds. Floor to 60 inches, up to 40 pounds. Floor to overhead, up to 5 pounds sustained, with both hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 pounds optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 35 pounds for 50 feet.
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning equipment 25 pounds, handling janitor’s cart 5 pounds).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 30 pounds sustained at waist level (60 pounds optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5 pounds in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling).
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50 pounds).
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment.Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) to three (3) years of directly related cleaning experience, or a combination of experience and education.
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of University of Montana. We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by:
- Providing direct healthcare to students
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
The University of Montana is a flagship, R1 research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains where three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action: Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Facilities Specialist
Position Number: 114420
Department: Curry Health Center
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week),
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan,
partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
*Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.Position Type