Requisition Number: S01574P:
Position Category: Staff
Campus Location: Weber State University - Ogden, UT
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12
Alternate Work Schedule: On-campus position. Lab hours are Mon-Thurs 8a-5p, and Fri 8a-4:30p. Employee may apply for one (1) remote day per week based on successful completion of probationary period. Restrictions apply. Weekend and evening work is not common, but may be requested, as needed. Approx. 5 days of required travel per year.
Pay Grade: E33
Hourly Pay Rate:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The WSU Online Instructional Designer is responsible for assisting faculty members in all aspects of online education, including instructional design, working with technology, and distance education. Individual also assists in the development of training and professional development curriculum.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Learning Design, Curriculum and Instruction, or a closely related field.
- 2 - 5 years of directly related experience in instructional technology, online learning, training, and higher education required.
- Documented course work in instructional design principles and hands-on instructional design experience.
- Experience using HTML editing tools, Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, and Adobe products.
- Ability to establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with administrators and faculty.
- University-level teaching experience and confidence in training professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply learning and instructional theory in practical settings.
- Working familiarity with online learning tools, the Internet, electronic communications and multimedia authoring.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Job Open Date: 09/18/2023
Review Date: 10/02/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Notes to Applicant:
If you are passionate about what you could offer and accomplish here at WSU, we would love to hear from you. The annual salary for this position starts at $62,000 and may go up from there depending on candidate qualifications. The position comes with a generous benefits package.
To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, current resume, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For qualification determination, your application and/or resume must address the required and preferred qualifications and must contain average number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be considered incomplete.
Screening of applications will begin October 2, 2023. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Physical Activity of this position: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. , Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction., Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time. , Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another., Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position. , Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance., Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Physical Requirements of this position: Light work. Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls exerting forces greater than that for sedentary work.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision: Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
To apply, visit https://jobs.weber.edu/postings/20901