Program Coordinator, Marketing and Engagement - Student Success - BUS
Job ID: 263618About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or department(s)
2. Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s) and/or departments
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program and/or department activities
4. Provides, administers and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
5. Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals and may be responsible for the program or department's purchasing card(PCard)
6. Prepares and delivers presentations and collateral for program and/or department and events
7. Coordinates and administers the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
8. May coordinate, administer and monitor social media presence and program outreach
9. May supervise and/or lead assigned staff and/or students assistants
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide support in the planning and administration of department events, activities, and initiatives.
2. May take the lead in organizing and delivering selected department events.
3. Designs and manages all communication campaigns (including but not limited to web, tabling,
print, and social media) of the department and facilitates the communication calendar.
4. Corresponds with students regarding unrequited requests from the department¿s tutoring platform.
5. Provide support for strategic initiatives and student co-curricular programming and activities.
6. Create, manage, maintain, and regularly assess and update mailing/distribution lists.
7. Publishes regular student-facing content through an online newsletter platform.
8. Crafts a regular internal newsletter for the department¿s faculty and staff.
9. Markets and captures RSVP for special faculty and staff training times and events.
10. Oversees the recruitment, training, and management of the department¿s student ambassador program.
11. Liaises and collaborates with college departments for promoting events and opportunities benefitting business students.
12. Primary point of contact for the department¿s website and LMS shell updates
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette