Simulation Operator, Simulation Center Pool Staff (Part-Time) (Phoenix) III
Posting Number: req17684
Department: COM Phoenix Academic Affairs
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix Center for Simulation and Innovation (CSI) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Simulation Center Pool Staff (non-faculty). The CSI Pool Staff hourly positions include Simulation Operator and Interprofessional Presence (IPP). The Simulation Operator serves as a type of simulated patient and computer operator during Simulation events. Our Center for Simulation and Innovation teaches medical students to be tomorrow's doctors using safe practice with mannequins and task trainers. In this role, you would be a primary participant in clinical scenarios operating high- and low-fidelity clinical simulation equipment, setting up and tearing down simulation event rooms, conducting tours of the facility and other duties as assigned.
Work shifts for this part time position are scheduled on an as needed basis and will vary in scope and complexity based upon your level of experience in accordance with CSI events, programs and projects. The shifts can be scheduled for up to 4-8 hours and the ideal expectation is that Pool Staff will work several four-hour shifts per month. Common event day schedules include Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays within normal business hours (8am-5pm). Pool Staff self-select and sign up for offered hourly shifts using CSI's online scheduling and staffing systems, usually posted well in advance (more than two months out). Parking costs will be paid by the CSI in the designated Phoenix Biomedical Campus garage. This position does not include benefits.
Please be sure to watch the videos on our website to get a better idea of who we are and how we contribute to the mission of the College: https://phoenixmed.arizona.edu/simcenter.
Please Note: Applications are accepted year-round with hiring tiimes being based on the Center's hiring needs. We do not hire every month.
If you are looking to apply for the Interprofessional Presence position within our Pool Staff rather than the Simulation Operator position, please visit: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/17646?c=arizona.
The University of Arizona has been
recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about
working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit, talent.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Simulation Operator serves as a primary participant in clinical scenarios operating high- and low-fidelity clinical simulation equipment.
- Responsible for setup, tear down and quality assurance of simulation activities, special projects and CSI events.
- Conducts tours of the facility.
- Provides program and project support, training, and guidance to faculty and Simulation Staff including other Pool Staff members.
- Participates in event pre-brief and event de-brief meetings, including giving and receiving feedback in discussions with faculty, students, staff and management.
- May participate in clinical simulations as Interprofessional Presence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequently bend, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds (i.e. Mannequin, task trainers and supply boxes).
- Frequently bends/stoops, pushes/pulls, walks, and twists.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in health care delivery and/or health education; OR, experience in a clinical simulation setting; OR, experience participating in scenario based training as a model or instructor.
- OR, recent experience providing healthcare proficiently in a clinical setting as a Registered Nurse, Certified Emergency Paramedic, Licensed Practical Nurse, Emergency Medical Technician, medical assistant, Respiratory Therapist, Certified Nurse Assistant, OR similar healthcare provider professional;
- OR, experience with web-based computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite and standard web browsers;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and or/education.
* Current unrestricted license or certification in good standing to practice in respective healthcare specialty area.
* Previous experience in a clinical simulation setting.
* Recent experience providing healthcare proficiently in a clinical setting.
* Proficient with web-based computer programs (Microsoft Suite and Teams, GoogleDocs, scheduling).
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 4
Job FTE: 0.10
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.33 - 30.49, DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Med Education Prgm
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 0
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.