Administrative Support Assistant II
Posting Number: req17706
Department: Pharmacy Administration
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Coordinates all day-to-day aspects of administration and provides office support to the Development and Communication offices within the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy. This position works closely with internal and external constitutes including college and university administrators, staff, faculty, students, alumni and donors. This position is a member of the Philanthropy Alumni & Engagement Program (PAE) and subject to joint management by the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy and the University of Arizona Foundation as specified in the Amended and Restated Development Services and Asset Management Agreement dated July 2, 2021.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare reimbursement and purchase orders.
- Process gift deposits, disbursement and transfer transactions.
- Reconcile department PCard.
- Work closely with Finance Office regarding managing gifts and stewardship reporting according to donor intent.
- Maintain and optimize office files.
- Order office supplies.
- Record and compose minutes for meetings as assigned.
- Schedule and manage Development Officer's meetings and travel schedule.
- Update donor and alumni records in database.
- Facilitate stewardship efforts for the college: prepare and send thank you letters for donations, manage scholarship stewardship process, assist with annual reporting efforts for endowed accounts.
- Run routine reports for donations, stewardship, and goal progress.
- Provide on-site support for donor and alumni events.
- Work with communications team to develop promotional plans for fundraising events, donor relations, and stewardship communications.
- Respect and protect the confidentiality of alumni and donor records.
- Assist with updating web content and printed materials.
- Prepare and manage social media content.
- Assist in developing content for email newsletters.
- Assist in management of internal communication efforts including event promotion.
- Create and manage Qualtrics surveys and forms.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating vendor services.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to identify creative solutions that address time, budge, and quality.
- Ability to develop, organize, and implement office procedures and systems.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Expertise with using constituent databases to track information.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with focus on a message-oriented approach.
- Ability to quickly and effectively gather information by means of interviews, web or database research, etc.
- Ability to organize information for effective presentation in publications, web sites, and other media.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work well with teams across a variety of departments.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Experience in higher education setting.
- Experience working with alumni and donors.
- Experience with CRM, Board portals or marketing automation systems.
- Experience with web and social media applications.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.15 - $19.23
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Christiana Lederman | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.