Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Specialist in the Vice President of Finance & Administration office.
- Location: F&M Campus - Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Full-time / Exempt
- Schedule: 40 hours, M-F
- Reports to: VP of Finance & Administration
- Department: VP of Finance & Administration Office
The Administrative Specialist provides effective administrative and project support to the Vice President for Finance & Administration. This position requires effective communication skills and ability to operate with discretion.
- Provide support for the VP's trustee committees - Audit, Finance, and Investment including regularly scheduled meetings, coordinating off-schedule meetings or conference calls, preparing draft agendas, minute-taking, preparation of materials as needed and posting all materials to BoardVantage, and follow-up communication with committees/members/presenters as needed.
- Provide support for the VP's campus committees including regularly scheduled meetings, coordinating off-schedule meetings, agendas, minute-taking, preparation of materials as needed and posting all materials to google groups/google drive, and follow-up as needed.
- Provide budget and accounting support to the VPFA Office including performing reconciliations, purchasing and processing invoices, processing travel and expense reimbursements, and perform any research and follow up communications with internal constituents or external vendors.
- Provide support for the VPFA direct reports related to audit preparation including gathering information and documentation from a variety of departments, compiling org charts, preparing Excel schedules, coordinate scheduling of audit field work, uploading information to the secure auditor portal, etc.
- Special Projects as assigned: Examples include benchmarking peer/competitor institutions, maintaining various longitudial data like finanical ratios, pricing, wages, benefits, benefits as % of wages, and other F&A dashboard metrics.
- Manage the VP's calendar; screen, handle or refer appropriately all inquires and phone calls received in the VP's office. Sort and distrubute mail; reconcile travel for the VPFA; manage contract routing as needed; ordering supplies; etc. Provide similar support to the AVP for Finance & Controller.
- All other duties as assigned - ranging from the very simple to the complex.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4-7 years of administrative or clerical experience.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint.
- Basic level of proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Slides)
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Notary license