Facilities Management and Services Worker III - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department
Posting Number: req17670
Department: Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) seeks to hire a Coordinator of Building Operations (Facilities Management and Services Worker III) to help support our teaching and research-intensive unit. This position will act as the department's primary liaison and resource for facilities-related needs and activities. The ideal candidate will be able to perform job duties with independence and creativity to provide the best course of action, solutions, and/or recommendations for any issues presented to them.
Main responsibilities of the position include: overseeing renovations and maintenance of departmental facilities, audio/visual assistance and set-up, inventory control, assistance with equipment and instrumentation repair, Facilities Management liaison, Risk Management liaison, serving as primary building monitor.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate office/lab renovations and relocations; includes initiating estimate requests, liaising with FM Project Managers, and supervising on-site and/or outside contracted construction work.
- Periodically inspect EEB-owned space and departmentally managed facilities to identify deferred maintenance and repair needs.
- Submit requests to FM for maintenance and janitorial services; initiate FM work orders and follow up to ensure completion.
- Oversee workflow and quality of work provided by technical, renovation and maintenance personnel.
- Assist with maintenance and clean-up of communal research, office, and meeting spaces.
- Arrange for hazardous waste and chemical removal through Risk Management.
- Serve as primary department liaison for Facilities Management (FM), and main contact/coordinator for campus wide UITS projects.
- Support faculty and staff in their use of office/classroom and other technology (i.e., projectors, laptops, etc.), including providing training and on-site assistance.
- Ensure classroom supply, equipment, and technology needs are met, including reserving A/V equipment through Classroom Technology Services and coordinating its delivery/set-up. Purchase and install departmentally owned A/V equipment and help troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Assist UITS in performing server and network maintenance on-site. Coordinate with University Information Technology Service (UITS) to setup or configure computer/monitor/printer equipment, initiate estimates for Ethernet installation and upgrades, and ensure space is ready for occupancy.
- Serve as primary department liaison for the UA Key Desk.
- Serve as a Department Access Coordinator (DAC) for departmental space, working with Amer-X Security and the DAC Portal to provide and remove building access for individuals.
- Serve as asset custodian for the department; includes maintaining an inventory of capital and non-capital assets, receiving and placing tags issued by UA Property Management, and updating property information in UAccess Financials.
- Manage transfer and disposal of surplus property; includes initiating and approving transfer requests and coordinating removal of surplus equipment/items.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Director of Academic & Support Services
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.