Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 888 full-time and 1,281 FTE faculty, 2,711 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.4 billion, and an endowment in excess of $3.5 billion.Job Description
The Research Statistician is responsible for providing faculty with direct consulting, user support, and training in relevant applications and tools for prospective grants, publications, presentations; workshops and other academic projects; provide post-award support; provide expertise and support in the use of statistical methodology, data analysis and writing data analysis sections for manuscripts, computational projects and applications with large and small datasets; develop online documentation and training materials relevant to statistics/data science and help manage workshops.
Working with Senior Research Statisticians to develop data quality plans and data management plans, in coordination with study investigators.
- Under guidance of Senior Research Statistician, prepare and execute statistical analysis plans.
- Run data/statistical analysis
- Perform, interpret and document analysis
- Present results in written and verbal form
- Manage computer systems, write programs, and train others in the use of systems
- Review the design and content of research databases
- Institute procedures to assure data quality and guarantee study protocols are followed appropriately
- Support ArcGIS
- Offer formal (tutorials) and informal instruction on statistical methodologies
- Previous consulting experience is a plus.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:
Senior Research Statistician, 5 + years of experience: 100k to 126k
Research Statistician, 2-5 yrs of experience: 86k to 108k
Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Statistics, Data Science or related field; plus 2 yrs. experience in an occupation performing
advanced statistical analysis in a research environment, including the following which may be gained concurrently: 2 yrs. experience performing statistical compilations and manipulating databases. Demonstrated advanced knowledge (gained through experience or coursework) in at least two of the following: Python, R, STATA, SAS ArcGIS, SPSS and S-Plus; and Large Data management. A willingness to learn new software.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.