Assistant Director of Ticket Operations - Athletics
The department of Athletics at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Ticket Operations.
About the Opportunity
This position is responsible for assisting the Associate AD, Ticket Operations and Director, Ticket Operations to effectively and efficiently manage Mountaineer Ticket Office operations, which includes supporting ticket sales operations, goals and objectives by selling and distributing tickets to all athletic events; meeting customer needs; providing information; processing payment and resolving problems.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What You'll Do
- Generate revenue and serves customers by transacting ticket sales by telephone, mail, and walk in service as well as at home athletic events.
- Coordinate ticket sales activities for WVU baseball events and serve as secondary contact for WVU football ticket operations; occasional travel required.
- Oversee recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and scheduling of part-time and student gameday workers.
- Create new customer accounts by recording account information or maintains existing customer records by updating account information.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by providing athletic ticket information; attract potential customers, and retain existing customers, by answering questions and/or providing related customer service.
- Resolve problems related to transactions and/or seating, such as seat locations, lost or misplaced tickets, and other customer complaints, by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contribute to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long- range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Collect revenue by receiving and processing payments, total purchases, process checks, cash, and credit cards.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls and established policy and procedures.
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Prepare teller transaction forms for all paid events by compiling collection, disbursement, and reconciliation information.
- Prepare bulk mailings for shipment.
- Work with event security and game management to resolve ticket scanning issues at athletic events.
- Prepare invoices for all account receivables in ticketing system including visiting schools, bad debts and internal entities.
- Liaison with online ticketing web site (www.WVUgame.com); read, respond and solve issues, questions, and concerns presented by ticket customers via Mountaineer Ticket Office email.
- Perform other job-related assignments as assigned by the Director, Ticket Operations and/or Associate AD, Ticket Operations.
Pay Grade: 15
- Associate's degree required, bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in ticket operations or sales is required; business and accounting experience is preferred; Experience with Paciolan software systems is preferred.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Strong working knowledge of NCAA and conference rules, regulations, policies and guidelines and the ability to apply those rules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ticket operations.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English complex information or instructions.
- Ability to function professionally under high stress and confrontational circumstances.
- Ability to independently plan and organize work.
- Proactive attitude towards work and assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and develop personal contacts with outside groups, i.e. fans, donors, sponsors, University community.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of record keeping and adherence to schedule.
- Ability to maintain proper unit punctuality standards, work extended hours including nights and weekends (often with extensive walking and standing)
- Demonstrated ability in telephone skills (multiple lines) and etiquette.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cash handling procedures and demonstrated ability to handle multiple cash transactions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.