Web Marketing Editor
Posting Number: req17625
Department: AZ Public Media Admin Svcs
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsArizona Public Media (AZPM) is seeking a full-time Web Marketing Editor to join our Marketing and Communications Team. Under the direction of the teams director, the successful candidate will assist with content management for AZPM.org. We are looking for applicants with strong writing and proofreading skills as well as a familiarity with basic photo editing. This position will be primarily responsible for the daily updates to AZPM.org to include the generation of promotional content to highlight programming on AZPM's Television and Radio platforms.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Write original copy and edit content for a range of online marketing and communications materials.
* Assist with creating and updating webpages for station projects.
* Create graphics and short videos for use on web and social media.
* Take and edit photos for editorial use.
* Create articles and materials promoting and highlighting our television, radio and news content.
* Create captions for online video.
* Update television schedule and show information.
* Assist in video curation of on demand services.
* Manage and update podcasts for AZPM's weekly radio series.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of basic html and other web markup languages, such as Markdown.
* Skill in writing and proofreading content.
* Skill in modifying content written by others.
* Knowledge of photo editing software including Adobe Suite. <
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, deadline intensive atmosphere; ability to work with individuals and teams, work creatively and follow detailed instructions when required, and work effectively and efficiently managing several projects simultaneously.
* Sound editorial and design judgement; organizational, research and project development abilities; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to plan scheduled and meet deadlines; attention to detail and good follow-through; initiative in developing creative graphic and design elements whether for programs or institutional support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Two or more years of professional copywriting and/or copy-editing experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,356 - $59,195, DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Web Sites & Applications
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Alexia Aguilar HR Assistant
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.