Wildcat Ambassador Senior
Posting Number: req17601
Department: Parking and Transportation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona's Parking and Transportation Services department is seeking a qualified candidate to fill their Wildcat Ambassador Senior position. This position requires an individual who can deliver an excellent customer service experience to students, staff, faculty, and guests. They will ensure garages are safe, accessible, reliable, and efficient for the University of Arizona community. This individual will manage garage operations for main campus university parking facilities and work on complex problems that require significant judgment and initiative. The position will supervise Wildcat Ambassadors and Cashier staff.
This position will work from 6:00am to 3:00pm.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the University of Arizona's purpose, mission, and core values on a daily basis by maintaining excellent customer service to all our internal and external customers.
- Represents the University of Arizona and Parking & Transportation Services in taking initiative to assist customers with inquires and parking issues.
- Accountable for setting goals and objectives for team members to achieve standards and outcomes.
- Supervises Wildcat Ambassadors and cashiers.
- Manages and reviews occupancy calculation for all garages to accommodate permit holders and maximize visitor spaces.
- Evaluate methodology and correct deficiencies.
- Ensures garage's pay equipment, staff equipment, and parking software tasks are functioning to maximize efficiencies in garage operations.
- Actively participates in quick-thinking resolution if malfunction occurs.
- Ensure that Payment Card Industry (PCI) inspections are conducted and documented.
- Assists in staff hiring, training, work schedules, and disciplinary actions.
- Communicates performance expectations and conducts performance evaluations.
- Dispatched to assist customers for elevated assistance for all garages.
- Problems faced may be varied and solutions are guided by policies and practices but may not have a prescribed solution and require some analysis to understand and resolve.
- Explains policies, standards, and processes of the job area to others within and outside of the work unit.
- Implement new processes while working independently with other responsible persons.
- Manages emergency situations that require immediate parking resolutions.
- Assists with Special Event parking.
- Manages repair and maintenance of golf cart fleet.
- Ensure garage is clear of debris and unsightly elements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.15
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Parking & Transportation
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Human Resources Representative
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.