Limited Term Faculty Positions in Geography
Job ID: 263327About Us
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of
community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and
combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia¿s
largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of
doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated
doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to
broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For
more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for one-semester, full-time, non-tenure track, Limited Term Instructor or Limited Term Assistant Professor of Geography faculty positions in the Department of Geography and Anthropology that begins January 2024.
- Teaching general education undergraduate courses in physical geography (GEOG 1110: The Digital Earth; GEOG 1112K: Introduction to Weather and Climate; GEOG 1113K: Introduction to Landforms)
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
For Limited Term Instructor
- A Master's degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a discipline related to Geography, or a closely related discipline is required.
- A Master's degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a non-related discipline with 18 graduate credit hours in Geography is required.
For Limited Term Assistant Professor
- A terminal/Doctorate degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Geography or a related discipline is required.
Required Documents to Attach
2. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
4. Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness and Course Evaluations, if available (Upload as Additional Documents)
5. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is October 31, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Brandon D. Lundy; email@example.com; 470-578-2893.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at
(877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed
under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please