Career Coach (Career Strategies Professional II)
Posting Number: req17657
Department: Eller Undergraduate Programs
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona is a leading business school in the United States. The Eller College of Management is ranked in the top 20 among undergraduate business programs by the U.S. News & World Report and are known for our specialties in management information systems, entrepreneurship, and social innovation. The Eller College of Management supports more than 6,000 undergraduate and 900 graduate students on the University of Arizona's 393-acre campus in Tucson, a satellite campus in downtown Phoenix, global micro campuses, and through Arizona Online.
The Career Coach (Career Strategies Professional II) provides individual and group career-related learning experiences for an assigned segment of our student population. This position provides career mentorship to undergraduate business students. This position helps students identify, research, and realize career goals through personal consultation and programming. This position will help students find internship and full-time career opportunities and will guide them through the application and interview process. This position will keep up to date with current hiring and employment trends and identify specific skills required for employment and help students obtain these skills. This position will establish relationships with employers to ultimately serve as a liaison between students and employment opportunities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Student Career Coaching and Professional Development Program
- Manage a caseload of students.
- Advise individuals and groups regarding experiential learning.
- Develop, lead, and advertise the experiential learning resources offered.
- Create and develop educational content and facilitate workshops on professional development.
- Facilitate placement of undergraduate students in positions related to their academic major/career interest.
- Plan and executive events for students to engage with employers and alumni.
- Assist students with job search strategies.
- Support career-related student clubs and organizations.
- Assess effectiveness of programs, projects, and systems and identify problems and propose solutions.
- Collaborate with employers on experiential learning programs and events.
- Gain an understanding and familiarity of local, national, and international companies in the industry and their recruiting practices.
- Identify employers and establish relationships and solicit their involvement in the internship and full-time recruiting programs.
- Establish and maintain database of corporate and alumni contacts.
- Maintain and organize student internship database.
- Compile, record, and report statistical information for recruiting annual report.
- Participate in area businesses, not-for-profit associations, and chamber of commerce activities with emphasis on relationship development.
- Manage alumni relationships to develop elite internship opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Work experience in a related field (Accounting, Business Economics, Business Management, Finance, Marketing, MIS/Operations Management) is highly desirable.
- Corporate or recruiting experience.
- Event Coordination (both virtual and in-person) experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,039
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.