(Student Events) Cadet Activities & Entertainment Manager
(Student Events) Cadet Activities & Entertainment Manager
DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
Air Force Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF)
About the position: This position will be assigned to the Cadet Entertainment, Air Force Academy, CO.
- This position does include benefits.
- This position requires an uncommon tour of duty.
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.
- Serves as Cadet Activities & Entertainment program manager.
- Programming, financial/budgetary responsibility, and Cadet Entertainment Club leadership.
- Primary duty is event planning and execution, including but not limited to: suggesting new programs by researching current student trends, determining necessary resources, developing setup and operation plans, scheduling volunteers, shopping, working events, vendor coordination, cleanup and storage of event materials, After-Action Reports, and attendance tracking.
- Event shifts may occur outdoors, off-base, during uncommon hours, and may require physical labor.
- Research and books cadet appropriate entertainment vendors.
- Follows necessary procedures for event accomplishment, such as contracting, vendor communication, marketing timelines, and more.
- Collaborates with Cadet Wing Support Staff and Cadet Entertainment Club to host special cadet-driven events by aiding cadets in event planning and advertising.
- Occasionally assists other Arnold Hall activities in joint programs for cadets while adhering to Arnold Hall Student Center mission.
- Incorporates other FSS Activities to enhance cadet events where appropriate.
- Oversees use of funds for cadet programming, adhering to annual budget determined by activity needs and historical data.
- Prepares entertainment contracts or BPAs for submission to contracting officer.
- Tracks entertainment contract status and communicates with all necessary entities to ensure fulfillment.
- Ensures receiving reports are completed timely and proper invoices are complete in accordance with contract terms.
- Must become a NAF Purchase Card holder after completing necessary training and properly steward cadet funds by understanding and adhering to budgets and event needs, including cost of catering, supplies, prizes, giveaways, and entertainment.
- Frequently shops for and picks up event materials/supplies in town, requiring timely coordination with vendors, staff, and stores.
- Uses creativity to provide guidance to marketing for advertising campaigns.
- Enhances cadet connection by utilizing social media to create engagement outside of events.
- Serves as OIC of Cadet Entertainment Club, which requires annual training and leadership to cadets in the ways of event operations.
- Performs administrative duties as required, including but not limited to preparing necessary paperwork, attending staff meetings, maintaining a clean workspace, proper storage and cleaning of inventory/supplies, and maintaining event calendar.
- Manages all other requirements in the activity such as records management, accounting requirements, and purchasing requests.
- Supervises Cadet Activities and Entertainment staff, to include appraisals, scheduling, maintaining employment folders, and timecard completion.
- Coordinates and supervises staff and volunteers during event execution.
- Performs other related duties as required.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12131615
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- This position requires that the incumbent must be able to stand for long periods of time, and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent must be able to complete a pre-employment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to have a valid drivers license.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 09/29/2023
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Experience in planning, marketing and executing large entertainment and/or recreational events relevant to the audience.
- Skill in creating entertainment or service related contracts is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of budgeting.
- Must have strong social skills and the ability to communicate with cadets and entertainers.
- Must have experience in communicating through different types of modern social media.
- Experience in planning/pricing catering menus to provide food and beverages is preferred.
- Progressively responsible computer experience to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, and TEAMS.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be walk in and around events for extended periods of time.
- Works uncommon hours/days.
- May work outside during inclement weather.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is not included in a bargaining unit.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference - MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Other (1)
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy you must apply and complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/29/2023 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJobs account to apply. If you do not have a USAJobs account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJobs account and designate the document type when submitting your application. Failure to complete this portion will result in an incomplete application package and you will not be further considered for this vacancy.
It is your responsibility to ensure your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date.
Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Applicant
To verify or check the status of your application, log into your USAJobs account. Once logged in, the Welcome screen lists your applications, your application status and the date it was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application Information (https://help.usastaffing.gov/apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information)
Agency contact information USAF Academy NAF HR Office
AddressUSAFA Community ServicesFlight10 FSS/FSMH,5136 Eagle DriveUSAF Academy, CO 80840-2620US