(Hybrid) Administrative Project Coordinator, ISCORE-RC - WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute
The WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) at West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a hybrid Administrative Project Coordinator, ISCORE-RC.
About the Opportunity
As an Administrative Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the full scope of the IDeA State Consortium for Clinical Research Resource Center (ISCORE-RC). This newly funded center is headquartered in Morgantown, WV and will serve partners across the United States. The coordinator will provide programmatic support for ISCORE-RC cores, and work closely on communication, event logistics, outcomes tracking, and provide administrative support to the program directors.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Coordinate programmatic components with direction from ISCORE-RC Director and the Principal Investigator (PI). May include events, meetings, program development, constituent outreach, data tracking, etc.
- Coordinate ISCORE-RC Committees by drafting correspondence, taking detailed minutes, and providing logistical support.
- Assist the Clinical Research Coordinator Development Program (CRCDP) assistant directors in providing logistical support for certificate enrollees.
- Coordinate admission, matriculation, and graduation processes for all clinical research coordinator certificate program enrollees.
- Coordinate programmatic changes, updating course information on the educational platform.
- Draft metric reports for review from ISCORE-RC directors.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and completion of workshops and seminars.
- Work independently drafting correspondence, memo's, reports, and presentations as requested.
- Work closely with communication leads to coordinate e-news, website content, program promotional material, and other forms of communication and marketing as needed.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain an active network of professional contacts for the purposes of this position.
- Prepare requisitions and make purchases for ISCORE-RC and provides proper documentation for approval and processing.
- Provide maintenance and update to ISOCRE-RC membership database. Verify membership as needed.
- Provide support to include calendar management, meeting planning and preparation for staff directors.
- Coordinate the planning of ISCORE-RC events (meetings, workshops and other functions); includes tracking guest lists, making space reservations, working with vendors to arrange the necessary logistics, managing a/v needs tracking materials, preparing meeting materials, and post-event follow up if needed.
- Coordinate hosting special guests including members of the ISCORE-RC internal and external advisory committees, guest speakers, virtual events etc.
- Manage conference room meeting space calendars, including prioritizing incoming requests, maximizing space and setting up audio/visual technology as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of office supply inventory to include ordering supplies as needed.
- Improve and maintain skills by participating in self-development activities such as seminars, workshops, and classes.
- Associate's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience performing high level administrative support or programmatic coordination experience.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn program protocol.
- Strong communication skills in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Skilled at creating correspondence, reports, proposals, mailings, charts, graphs, forms, presentations, and memorandum.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated skills with WVU Purchase Card (P-Card) software as well as P-Card processing business practices and institutional policies.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocol.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various word processing packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. for reports, graphs, mailings and presentation development.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate many different administrative tasks, determine relative importance of each, set deadline, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and edit correspondence and reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative in performing administrative work in a variety of subjects, programs, or projects.
- Ability to estimate, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to do mathematical reports and support of financial and accounting functions in conjunction with program and project controls.
- Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to effectively address issues with several variables in standardized situations.
- Bachelor's degree in communications/public relations, public health, health promotion/health education or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of program support experience in a higher education setting in the area of public health or biomedical sciences.
- Valid US driver's license.
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.