Analyst, Workday Senior Analyst (# 128011)
Position title: Analyst, Workday Senior Analyst
Position #: 128011
Join our team to be part of the transformation to the next generation of administrative computing at the University of Maryland (UMD). We are seeking an experienced subject matter expert that will design, build, and test solutions based on business requirements while supporting the finance domain areas (e.g., Expenses, Accounts Payable). With the direct supervision of the Finance Product Owner, the incumbent will work with stakeholders to architect solutions to address new requirements (e.g., FDM chart of account changes), act as a functional lead to oversee system or process changes, resolve issues/questions, and ascertain system capabilities that would best serve UMD students, faculty, and staff. Incumbent will advise on any needs for business process improvements and efficiencies in processes and procedures and help champion and socialize the needed changes. The Senior Workday Analyst works within the Division of Information Technology.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years’ experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Workday, PeropleSoft, SAP).
- Experience providing support, problem identification, and resolution.
- Experience leading a business impact project from inception to completion (e.g., chart of accounts major changes).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under various conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with members of other functional/technical teams to identify action items, team member responsibilities, etc..
- Ability to understand possible impacts to changes to a highly integrated system, determine the depth/breadth of testing necessary to minimize risk of system changes, execute and record results of testing (including data staging), etc.
- Analytical abilities, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies to support non-standard, unique problem resolution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including relationship, communication (verbal & written), and conflict management.
- Expertise with office productivity applications such as Google Workspace or Microsoft Office.
- Experience with large-scale, cross-functional technology implementations.
- Facilitation and presentation with large audiences.
Required: Within 12 months of appointment, achieves and maintains certification in at least one role-specific track of the Workday Pro accreditation program.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
- Flexible work opportunities;
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $140,000-$150,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Best consideration date: 10/09/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/112117
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.