Motion Design Department (Design) Full-Time Faculty
Beginning January 2024 or August 2024
The Department of Motion Design (Design)
Full‐Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits, Multiple Positions
Ringling College and the Department of Motion Design (MD) are actively seeking innovative and creative individuals to join our passionate full‐time faculty in a rapidly growing and future‐thinking department. Qualified individuals will have solid professional expertise in the translation of graphic design principles across multiple platforms as it relates to animation and digital media. The department has a supportive, collegial faculty and flexible curriculum that strongly values excellence. The MD department has robust support dedicated to using the most current technology.
Included among the Duties and Responsibilities of this position are: The ability to translate hands‐on professional experiences into teaching project‐driven Motion Design courses with an emphasis on Design Fundamentals, Visual Communication, Style Frames and Design Boards, Typographic Design for the Screen, and/or Branding and Visual Systems, within a structure of three courses or nine credits per semester. Ongoing commitment to creative work/scholarship in the profession is expected and active participation with faculty, department and college service is required. This is a full‐time appointment with benefits. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The start date is January 2024 or August 2024.
(Minimum Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- Either a Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Animation, or a related field, OR a 4‐year professional degree in art or design and five years of significant experience designing for 2D/3D graphics for the motion design or advertising industry that demonstrates expertise appropriate for teaching across a menu of graphic design‐centric MD courses.
- Strong graphic design and typography skills.
- Experience with art direction and the animation production process.
- Proficiency with current image creation software, with emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, and InDesign.
- Proficiency in digital technology and hands‐on knowledge and experience relevant to the area and courses
- An ability to clearly communicate and work effectively with faculty, students and administrators
- Willingness to work in a collaborative educational environment.
(Preferred Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- An MFA or other terminal degree or its equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Successful college level teaching
- A background in motion design/animation for broadcast and film
- Experience with 3D computer animation, including Cinema 4D, or Maya
- Knowledge of scripting/programming for animation.
(Special Instructions to Applicants)
Required materials include cover letter incorporating experiences that address the position requirements, resume or CV, employment history, contact information of three references (names, titles, email and telephone numbers), examples of personal work and an unofficial transcript copy of the most relevant degree. Official transcripts will be will be required upon hire. Student work examples may also be submitted, if available. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, up to 5 MB, or a URL.
General questions regarding the job application process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com