Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Job ID: 263464
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Located in the Northwest of metro Atlanta, Michael J. Coles College of Business is fully accredited by AACSB-International, offers programs in online, hybrid, and face-to-face formats, and serves around 9,000 students. The Michael A. Leven School of Management, Entrepreneurship and Hospitality consists of three majors (Management, Entrepreneurship, and Hospitality Management), six minors, two centers, and 40 + faculty with diverse research and teaching interests.
The school supports several graduate programs including MBA, EMBA, and Ph.D. programs, which are nationally recognized. The school also houses Joel A. Katz Music & Entertainment Business Program, Robin and Doug Shore Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, and Family Enterprise Center, which was recognized as the third most productive center for publishing research in family business journals. The entrepreneurship & innovation center is focused on the incubation of new businesses through student-led initiatives.
We encourage faculty members to integrate experiential learning into the curriculum and be at the forefront of innovations that promote student success. The school values and supports the diverse research interests of the faculty members and offers a flexible workload model that aligns with their career objectives. For more information related to the college and the school, please visit our website at coles.kennesaw.edu.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management faculty position in the Michael A. Leven School of Management, Entrepreneurship and Hospitality that begins August 2024.
- Candidates will be expected to engage in high quality scholarship resulting in top-tier journal publications.
- The teaching requirements of this position are 6 credit hours a semester (2 courses) and can include undergraduate and graduate courses across organizational behavior, human resource management, and general management.
- Professional service to the department, college, and university is expected.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
An earned doctorate, or the foreign equivalent, in organizational behavior and human resource management, business administration, or a related discipline is required.
NOTE: For ABDs, the required degree must be earned by the start date.
- An earned doctorate from an AACSB-accredited college/school
- A record of conducting high quality research and teaching in organizational behavior and human resource management.
- Interest, training, and/or experience in hybrid and online teaching modalities is also desirable.
Required Documents to Attach
1. Letter of Application
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
4. Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
5. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
6. Statement of Research
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is October 15, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact James Meurs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.