Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Security
Job ID: 263451
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Located in the Northwest of Atlanta, Michael J. Coles College of Business is fully accredited by¿AACSB-International and serves around 9,000 students. The Department of Information Systems and Security consists of 30+ full-time faculty members and offers undergraduate degrees in Information Systems, Information Security and Assurance, and Cybersecurity; and graduate degrees in Information Systems (MSIS), Healthcare Management and Informatics (MSHMI), Digital Financial Technologies (FINTECH), and a dual MBA-MSIS degree. The department also offers an IS concentration in the Ph.D. (Business Administration) program. The academic programs at the department embrace applied learning and actively pursue industry engagements to offer students a transformational experience. Our faculty members have diverse research interests offering collaboration opportunities. The department hosts the 3D printing lab, Brainlab, Information security & assurance lab, and an immersive visualization environments research supercluster. For more information related to the college and the department, please visit our website at http://coles.kennesaw.edu.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Security faculty positions in the Department of Information Systems and Security that begins August 2024.
* Teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in Information Systems, Healthcare Analytics, Informatics, and FinTech (e.g., application development, systems analysis & design, IS infrastructure, business analytics, healthcare informatics, electronic health records, digital payments, etc.).
* Research and scholarship in the area of expertise, and professional service to the Department, College, and University.
* The standard teaching load is 3/3 but is negotiable and can be reduced to 3/2 or 2/2 based on research productivity. Coles College flexibly allows summer support for new faculty for up to 3 years.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
A doctorate, or the foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Security and Assurance, Business/Health Analytics, or Management Science, or a related discipline, is required.
NOTE: For ABDs, the required degree must be earned by the start date.
- A doctorate degree earned from an AACSB accredited college/school.
- A record of research accomplishments.
- Record of prior teaching experience (in-person, online, or hybrid courses).
- Willingness to serve the needs of the department.
Required Documents to Attach
* Cover Letter
* Teaching Philosophy
* Research Philosophy
* Teaching Evaluations if available (Upload as Additional Documents)
* Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
* Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is November 13, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Tridib Bandy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.