Administrative Assistant - Office of Research
Job ID: 263539
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia¿s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university¿s vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
1. Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
2. Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
3. Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
4. Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
5. Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
6. Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
7. Monitors and assesses office equipment, stationery and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
8. Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
9. May maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card**
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teams
Previous experience in higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An undergraduate or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
The budgeted salary range is $16.13 to $21.63 per hour. Offers are based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Able to utilize standard office equipment and multi-line telephone system
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette