Director of Budget, Financial Planning & Analysis
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a full-time Director of Budget, Planning & Analysis.
- Location: F&M Campus - Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Full-time / Exempt
- Schedule: 40 hours, M-F.
- Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration
- Department: Budget Office
The Director leads, directs, and monitors all budget functions, and provides strategic financial planning and analytics to inform decision making. The Director, in collaboration with the VPFA, will develop and maintain long-range forcasts, identify business process and effeciency improvements, and perform financial and related analytics on a variety of initiatives. This position will work collabortively across all areas of the College and will interact with senior leadership, academic departments, and administrative units.
- Develop and maintain the College's long-range financial models to inform decison making, and provide summary information related to revenues, expenses, and related assumptions to various constituents.
- Lead the annual operating and capital budget process which includes working with department managers and chairs, facilitating the work of various committees, and providing analysis as required. Educate and train department managers, chairs, and other consituants on budget best practices and College policies, and provide guidance during the annual budget process.
- Develop thorough, in-depth and accurate financial analyses on a variety of strategic initiatives, projects and programs, and provide recommendations for decision making and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership in advancing financial planning and analyses, including strengthening financial analysis, policy development, planning and oversight.
- Regularly perform budget analyses and identify areas of concerns and oppportunities.
- Proactively monitor, identify, and communicate relevant regulations, issues and trends that may impact the College's long-term financial health and business operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the Budget Office & F&M Finance, please click HERE .
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-7 years experience with Budget and Financial Analysis.
- Experience with Excel & Powerpoint.
- Basic Proficiency with Google Suite products (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Slides).
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Master's Degree
- 7-10 years experience with Budget and Financial Analysis.
- Prior Experience with Banner
- Experience with Cognos.