Outreach Instructional Specialist I (Maricopa County, AZ)
Posting Number: req17597
Department: Environmental Science-Ext
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
Position HighlightsDevelops, delivers, and administers educational and community programs for external audiences. Promotes and fosters lifelong learning and outreach activities for individuals, families, organizations, and communities. Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements community-oriented programs focused on meeting community needs and improving life skills for targeted public segments. Delivers content, programs, materials, and technology solutions, as needed, to support program objectives.
This position is in Maricopa County with intermittent state-wide travel.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for
the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the programs are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations, and other specifications. Will need to be highly organized and able to multi-task. Also, will report to the Director of Arizona Project Wet (APW) and be a part of the statewide APW team. This position is in Maricopa County with intermittent state-wide travel.
- Schedules and carries out the goals of Arizona Project WET, assists with the daily operations and coordination of all APW educational programs including, but not limited to, all current groundwater presentations. Assist with marketing, scheduling, and delivery of these programs. Also, will prep all materials and maintain supplies, ensure timely set-up and breakdown for each presentation, and conduct pre- and post-assessments with each class. Helps summarize results of programs and report to corresponding sponsors annually.
- Connects, collaborates, and maintains relationships with community partners, including K-12 personnel and governmental, academic, and corporate organizations to promote UA water education initiatives and the APW instructional programs. Develops, compiles, and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures, or flyers, coordinating the process from development through distribution.
- Exceptional presentation skills are required to deliver APW programs. Must be able to communicate well with teachers, students, AmeriCorps members, and the APW team to deliver those programs at a high quality, ensuring requirements are met or exceeded.
- APW is a team driven program, therefore as a member of the team, you will collaborate to provide/support the team with technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions, program goal attainment, and policy interpretation.
- The ability to lift/transport/move up to 50 lbs. of equipment for programs will be required on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- One year of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience may be required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.33 - $25.41 (DOE)
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.