Posting Number: req17627
Department: James C Wyant Coll Optical Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences is seeking applicants to fill an Administrative Associate position. This position will report to the Development area (60% of work schedule - 25 hours) and support Academic Programs (40% of work schedule -15 hours) groups. Priority of the position is to report to and support the Development Department. The successful candidate will be required to display initiative, professionalism and the ability to work and communicate as part of our team.
Please note this position will support events and will work beyond traditional work schedule with advanced notice and an adjustment to original schedule. This may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides administrative support to the College's Executive Director of Development (EDD) and Manager, Academic Programs Finance & Operation (MAP), Academic Programs. Duties include, but not limited to, facilitating travel arrangements, reimbursements, scheduling meetings, collecting meeting materials, maintaining office supplies, maintaining records, providing general customer service, and any similar-leveled tasks.
- Learn and uphold UA and UA Foundation (UAF) policies and procedures with an important focus to be in compliant with privacy priorities for donor and alumni records and information.
- Learn UAF donor software programs for updating donor files, processing gift reports, mailing donor thank you letters and more. Keep current with new software options and features.
- Arrange scheduling, set-up and other details for the College's local and regional Donor/Alumni events -will not require travel for regional events. Also, to provide administrative support when needed for two seasonal corporate-donor events Industrial Affiliates Workshops and the annual Scholarship Awards program.
- Work with College and UAF's accounting departments for submitting gift and non-gift transmittal forms, learning the required documentation and fund number assignment procedures by UA Bursars office and UAF Financial Services.
- Additional duties include updating alumni information on the College's website; College's newsletter subscription list and the Industrial Affiliates membership list and access codes.
Academic Programs Department
Duties assigned are to provide administrative assistance to Academic Programs during non-critical Development seasons.
- Provide general customer service support in the Academic Programs main office, to include greeting visitors, providing directional information, and answering phone and email inquiries concerning general program application, admissions, and student funding.
- Assist Academic Programs personnel with maintenance of student physical and electronics records, while following departmental and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policies.
- Aid the Senior Events Coordinator, when possible, with planning and setup of various Academic Program and College events, including new student orientation, recruitment events, commencement events, etc.
- Support Academic Program recruitment activities including tracking and responding to electronic program leads and prospective students inquiries, and support outreach and recruitment events.
Travel throughout campus and to vendor locations in Tucson may be required.
May be requested to work beyond traditional work schedule for special events with advanced notice and an adjustment to original schedule. This may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.