Administrative Operations Professional I, Civil & Architectural Engineering & Mechanics
Posting Number: req17515
Department: Civil Arch Engr and Mechanics
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Center for Applied Transportation Sciences (CATS) is looking for an administrative operations individual to assist CATS with daily operations, budget planning, and coordination of events. This individual will oversee all center expenditures' review, approval, and reporting.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for
the employee and qualified family members; state and optional
retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial and Operations:
- Work with Harshbarger Mines Business Center (HMBC) to maintain financial budgets and accounting of expenditures for the center, verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of transactions. Produce periodic reports, financial statements, and records on program activities, progress, status, or other special reports for management or outside agencies. Prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals for funding and/or continued funding from outside sponsors. Prepare financial transactions such as purchase orders, disbursement vouchers, travel reimbursements, etc.
Administrative support and communications:
- Provide administrative support to CATS' leadership and team members, including scheduling meetings and events. This will include communicating with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
Oversee daily operations, determine priorities, and answer questions concerning program goals and policy interpretation or direct to the appropriate person to contact when unable to respond.
Budget planning and management:
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the CATS budget, ensuring accurate allocation of funds to various projects and activities.
- Review and reconcile financial transactions, ensuring adherence to university financial policies and guidelines.
Event coordination and support:
- Plan and coordinate logistics for center events, workshops, seminars, and conferences and provide on-site support during events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Financial Management: Ability to assist in budget preparation, track expenses, and monitor fiscal transactions.
- Organizational skills: Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, responsibilities, and priorities efficiently.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing needs in a dynamic academic environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- One year of relevant work experience required.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $25.50 - $31.87
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Dr. Yao-jan Wu
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.