International Admission Counselor, Graduate Programs
The International Admission Counselor reports to the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management and is responsible for providing leadership for Roosevelt University’s international graduate recruitment initiatives and will manage the processing of international admissions applications. The Assistant Director of International Recruitment is responsible for understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring university policies and procedures as well as US government regulations and requirements.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management. This position is hybrid, based at our Chicago campus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Studies/Business or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in admission, recruitment or international education.
- Experience with international cultural exchange and student support services.
- Demonstrated experience working with domestic and international students, faculty, university and college staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills; ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work; mature, professional attitude and appearance; openness to continuing learning and upgrading of skills.
- Capacity to effectively collaborate and engage students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Ability to use data/student outcomes for informed decision-making.
- Experience working in CRMs, preferably Slate
- Bachelor's Degree
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in higher education and/or international recruitment, student affairs.
- Demonstrated experience working in CMS platforms.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- International Business or related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Slate CRM
- Experience in higher education, preferably in an admission, recruitment or student affairs
- Experience traveling or living abroad.
- Use of social media and web for student engagement.
- Prior experience as a Designated School Official (DSO) or Responsible Officer (RO in SEVIS).
- Proficiency in the Banner system (or similar SIS), Microsoft applications, databases, and other relevant software to carry out position duties.
Essential Job Functions
Duty and Responsibility/Percentage Of Time 75%:
Establish and maintain Roosevelt University’s international recruitment efforts, including the development of graduate recruitment pathways, participation at recruitment fairs and events, and relationship management of recruiting agencies, in-country managers and sub-agents. Ensure compliance with Federal Regulations governing international student and exchange visitor programs.
Duty and Responsibility/Percentage Of Time 25%:
Working with the Director for International Students and Global Scholar Services, coordinate international student onboarding initiatives and orientation activities in partnership with the Academic Colleges, Student Affairs, and Enrollment Management.
Roosevelt University requires all new hires to be compliant with our COVID-19 vaccination policy, found at theCOVID-19 website. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated (including booster shot if eligible) or have an RU approved religious or medical exemption. Proof of documentation will be required at the time of hire.
Title IX Contact Information: Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX regulations. At Roosevelt University, the Title IX Coordinator is Shana Anderson. Her office is in the Auditorium Building of the Chicago campus, 430 S. Michigan Avenue. She can be reached at TitleIX@roosevelt.edu.
Do not contact this email address for inquiries about your job application; if you have questions about your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.