Budget Assistant- FIN
Job ID: 263458
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia¿s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university¿s vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Assists in the implementation and monitoring of short and long term financial and budgetary forecasting models and funding plans to support fiscal and capital development. Performs data collection, monitors revenue and spending. Analyzes variances and assists in the preparation of regular and special reports. Monitors and maintains budget data for position management within HR and budget systems. Performs routine audits to validate financial system budget data agrees with position budget data.
1. Reviews, resolves and logs budget errors daily
2. Reviews and processes budget amendments daily (determine accuracy and availability of funding, class, program, fund code and position number), tracking log and send notification emails to Business Managers
3. Processes daily funding balancing of University budget by fund code
4. Researches and resolves inquiries from business managers and department leaders
5. Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, develops supporting schedules and analysis
6. Assists in monthly tracking of position vacancy lag, includes creating and posting the journals
7. Prepares and processes monthly vacation payout journal for university staff
8. Tracks on a daily basis, EPAFs to review for position number, funding account, available budget, etc.
9. Monitors revenues and expenses and updates revenues periodically
10. Processes department change requests and sets them up in the electronic system
11. Processes new project requests and sets them up in the electronic system
12. Maintains and grants employee access to SAS, assists in SAS training and assists users campus wide in developing and running reports
13. Performs administrative duties such as maintain department email and mail, scans and hyperlinks documents, order office supplies, etc.
14. May be responsible for reviewing, assigning and resolving ServiceNow requests per established processes
15. May assist with eProcurement tasks and processes
16. May assist with report and dashboard development and support
17. Saves automated files to the shared drive
High school diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An undergraduate or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
Previous experience in budget, accounting or finance related field
The budgeted salary range is $17.42 to $26.00 per hour. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and more!
Able to use SAS reports for analysis and forecasting
Able to deal with multiple projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, electronic HCM & budget systems, SAS)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette