Computer Engineering Full Time Faculty
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing College of Science, Engineering and Technology with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as an Engineering Professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Science, Engineering and Technology, is seeking a full time faculty member to teach Computer Engineering for the traditional ground campus.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Location: GCU's Main Campus, 33rd Ave. and Camelback Phoenix, Arizona
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and online student population
- 9 month faculty role teaching
- Projected Start Date: December 2023
What you will do:
- Equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major
- Assists students outside classroom hours
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development
- Works with leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing engineering education
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short- and long-term plans for development and growth
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of engineering programs
- Mentors undergraduate majors in electrical engineering
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry to support internships, project collaborations, industrial mentoring and Capstone projects
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
What you need:
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience or higher education teaching experience. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer engineering, specifically, in one of the following sub-disciplines – cyber-hardware, computer architecture, embedded systems, digital systems or closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to work “hands on” with engineering instrumentation and devices.
- Working knowledge of Labview, a circuit simulator such as Spice or Multisim, and mathematical software such as MATLAB or equivalent.
- Ability to program in a high-level, general-purpose computer languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus