IT Coordinator, Warehouse Operations (# 126457)
Position title: IT Coordinator, Warehouse Operations
Position #: 126457
The IT Coordinator, Warehouse Operations position involves the understanding of the systems and requirements to manage the Network and Infrastructure Services (NIS) warehouse at the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland,College Park, and all activities of NIS inventory control from a technical and management perspective. The IT Coordinator will use, support, and manage the necessary computer based information systems needed to operate the NIS inventory control and project processes including but not limited to E-Turns, Pinnacle, ServiceNow, Call Manager and BOTS. The position is responsible for issues and significant matters on behalf of management and the business office by utilizing independent judgment, discretion, creativity, and analytical thinking. This position requires a valid drivers license.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Experience with inventory management, including restocking, checking in inventory, setting minimum and maximum material levels.
- 1 to 3 years experience in inventory, warehouse and technical projects.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust to occasional changes in priorities and respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Able to instruct, direct, assist and guide and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Working in a higher education environment is a plus.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
- Flexible work opportunities;
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $60,000 – $65,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Other duties as assigned pertaining to the maintenance of the warehouse, data centers, and MNK storage rooms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and lift up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to walk short distances, and/or drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials. Some periods of time may be spent in a warehouse, data center, or storage room. Work is also performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards.
Best consideration date: 10/04/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/111892
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.