Staff Nurse/RN (req27005)
Working Title: Staff Nurse/RN
Position Grade: 13
Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is a comprehensive health service available to all currently enrolled UNM students. SHAC is located North of Johnson Center and across from the Student Union Building. It is open Monday through Friday and is closed on all UNM holidays. Services include medical appointments (scheduled and same day), pharmacy, women's and men's health, allergy and immunization, medical specialty clinics, physical therapy, lab and x-ray, travel health clinic and counseling services, as well as health education, prevention, and promotion.
Please refer to our SHAC Brochure for more information.
The University of New Mexico Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is seeking applicants for a Registered Nurse position. The SHAC Nursing/Clinical Team consists of RN's, Medical Assistants and Student Employees. The SHAC Medical Staff consists of MD's, NP's, and PA's. Medical and Nursing care at SHAC is provided in collaboration with our Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy and other auxiliary services.
The person in this position will:
- Provide nursing care for UNM students in the ASAP (urgent care) clinic and Primary care setting and/or Allergy and Immunization Department.
- Prepare equipment and assist physicians during examinations and treatments.
- Perform evaluation and triage of new and existing patients via phone and in person to determine priority and suitability of treatment and/or need.
- May assist with Lab operations such as phlebotomy or order processing.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, no weekends or holidays and no on-call.
NOTE: The For Best Consideration Date has been extended to 10/23/2023.
- CPR Certification must be obtained within 2 weeks of date of hire.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- IV Certification within 6 months of hire may be required for some positions in this classification, depending on the individual needs of the department
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University's influenza vaccination requirement.
Graduate of a nationally accredited Nursing program; no previous experience required.
State of New Mexico Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from a state participating in the multistate privilege to practice compact with New Mexico.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of NM, who can work effectively as a member of a team, prioritize multiple demands, and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years' experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in a variety of clinical settings including public health, urgent care, primary care, and sexual health.
- Experience working effectively with a largely adolescent/young adult population.
- Competent in IV starts /administer IV medications.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) accreditation standards.
- Proficiency in Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Windows, and Office, including Excel.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
- Willingness to engage in cultural humility and culturally sustaining practices at UNM as a minority-serving institution.
Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics. Applications should include cover letter, resume, and (3) supervisory references. In your cover letter, please provide evidence of your experience and successes in the areas listed in the job posting.
Campus: Main - Albuquerque, NM
Department: Student Health and Counseling (037A)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular - Full-Time
Pay: Hourly $22.82 - $32.05
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
As a condition of employment, eligible employees working greater than .25 FTE as determined by the New Mexico Education Retirement Act must make mandatory retirement contributions. For more information, review the Benefits Eligibility at a Glance grid.
Background Check Required: Yes
For Best Consideration Date: 10/23/2023
Eligible for Remote Work
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.