Equipment Manager, Olympic Sports
Job ID: 263112About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia¿s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university¿s vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services that meets the needs of University and complies with regulatory guidelines, accepted procurement principles and University and Board of Regents (BOR) policies. Supervises a team of buyers.
1. Investigates and develops sources of supply, final preparation of solicitation specifications, and issues RFQ's, RFP's and RFI's
2. Ensures all orders meet the needs of University and complies with regulatory guidelines, accepted procurement principles of University and (BOR) policies.
3. Reviews, scrutinizes, summarizes, and evaluates quotations and proposals
4. Reviews, analyzes, and determines appropriate method of procurement
5. Authorizes and issues contract awards
6. Monitors customer satisfaction regarding goods and services received for the purpose of improving the quality of services and products purchased
7. Interacts with vendors/suppliers to expedite open purchase orders, and/or P-Card orders and provides for the accurate and timely delivery of product or services.
8. Assists in resolving any billing discrepancies associated orders
9. Coordinates the resolution of purchase order payment issues with Accounts Payable, as needed
Bachelors from an accredited institution of higher learning in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia drivers license
Two (2) years of experience in supply chain, materials management and/or purchasing
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Experience in SportSoft or ACS software or similar inventory software required
Prior buying experience at an institution of higher learning preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability and willingness to give advice and guidance, sharing knowledge, and providing counsel and feedback
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadline
Understands the BOR's regulatory guidelines, accepted procurement principles and policies
Seeks opportunities for continuous learning
Proficient with inventory software such as SportSoft, ACS, or similar software
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette