Business Manager (Administrative Operations & HR Support Professional II)(Phoenix)
Posting Number: req17574
Department: COM Phx Campus Administration
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Medicine-Phoenix seeks an innovative, results-oriented individual to join our growing team as a Business Manager.
This position assists with managing the daily financial and administrative operations for the Department of Academic Affairs. The Business Manager will be responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with budget management, maintaining monthly reporting, and working with managers and staff to provide business reporting support. This position will also support department operational activities such as human resources, space, inventory, and IT, as well as project and initiative activities that arise.
A high degree of professionalism, organization, discretion, initiative, collaboration, and ability to follow instructions while using good judgment and problem-solving skills is expected. The candidate must be capable of performing various tasks independently and under the direction of a supervisor.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of hiring, terminations, and obtaining salary approval.
- In partnership with the HR Team, assist with the recruitment process, which could include requesting a position number, managing job postings in the talent acquisition systems (Talent and Handshake), reviewing minimum qualifications of applicants, setting up interviews, and completing reference checks.
- Manage and ensure electronic recruitment documents are organized.
- Assist managers and employees with department procedures.
- Responsible for data entry in the Human Resources Information System (UAccess Employee).
- Ensure complete and correct documentation is included with all system transactions entered.
- Communicate and follow up with faculty, staff and students with HR/Payroll related questions/issues.
- Coordinate timesheet review and approvals on bi-weekly basis to ensure that time reporting and approval for all department employees meets University deadlines and comply with University policies.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations (DO), budget responsibilities include working with funds and budgets, preparing monthly & quarterly financial reports, and analyzing established performance objectives and measures.
- Advise department staff on financial matters when appropriate.
- Assist DO with financial and operating analysis and interpreting statistics, financial and management planning, predicting resource needs, and developing long range plans.
- Support the development and establish procedures for the budget process and daily operations according to policies and procedures established by the university, college and outside governing agencies.
- Assist with preparing required, operational, and special budgets.
- Provide support and direction for the Finance team for contract budgets.
- Review monthly reporting with appropriate personnel to ensure data integrity and shifting priorities are accounted for.
- Work closely with the University, departments, and accountants to ensure relevant and appropriate activities are performed timely and accurately.
- Serve as a resource for answering questions regarding expenses and reporting.
- Assist with managing a variety of operational processes and/or projects as needed, including updating and improving processes and practices.
- Serve as initial contact/liaison to manage department inventory and bi-annual university capital inventory reporting process.
- Interpret, implement, develop, and/or recommend changes to policies and procedures based on internal and external needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated skill in working independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field of study.
* At least three (3) years higher education or government business experience.
* Experience working with hiring and recruitment activities.
* Demonstrated experience with budgets and reports.
* Experience with quality process management and improvement.
* Professional demeanor and regard for confidentiality and handling sensitive information in a discreet manner.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,404 - $74,254, DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Admin Operations HR Support
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.