Facilities Operations Coordinator - Research
Job ID: 263370About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia¿s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university¿s vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors the general email inbox and direct email requests to appropriate staff, ensuring a professional and courteous approach
2. Monitors and updates appropriate stakeholders of progress/milestones for program/project objectives
3. Greets research participants as they arrive in the office and collecting appropriate information, if needed
4. Orders, maintains and distributes office supplies and equipment
5. Prepares and distributes internal communications, including memos, announcements, and meeting agendas
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Provides maintenance and service support for the day-to-day operation of the assigned facilities. Coordinates reservations and events for the facilities. Oversees assigned student assistants.
1. Coordinates, plans, and manages the day-to-day operations of the assigned facilities per departmental and university standards and guidelines
2. Maintains inventory and maintenance of equipment and performs and documents facility and equipment inspections. Conducts assessments of current conditions and future needs for facilities and special events
3. Ensures all risk management procedures, concepts, and facility safety plans (EHS, safety, fire, and OSHA guidelines) are in compliance while ensuring student staff are trained and knowledgeable of policies and procedures
4. Assists with receiving, developing, and implementing of facility policies and procedures
5. May serve as Crisis Coordinator for assigned facilities and programs; works collaboratively with necessary personnel to establish, maintain and update Emergency Actions Plans for all assigned facilities and spaces.
6. May coordinate and maintain the master events calendar, the EMS reservation system, and facility hours of operation (including holiday closures, schedule adjustments)
7. Provides on-site supervision and event management of assigned events including the coordination with other departments
8. Oversees the hiring, training, supervision, and scheduling of student assistants for assigned facilities
9. Participates on assigned department committees and special events
One (1) year related work experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
The budgeted salary range is $40,800 to $50,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations based on the data/feedback
Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of university resources
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Familiarity with using recreation/facilities management and event management software
Practical knowledge of risk management practices and event management
Knowledge of campus locations and logistical processes
Knowledge of safety guidelines, rules and regulations that govern the department
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Fusion, WhenToWork, EMS)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette