Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Biology, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
The department of Biology in the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow.
About the Opportunity
As part of a recently awarded NSF EPSCoR RII Track-1 project entitled, "West Virginia Network for Functional Neuroscience and Transcriptomics" (WV-NFNT), the Departments of Biology and Neuroscience at West Virginia University are seeking a productive, skilled, and highly motivated postdoctoral fellow for several exciting research projects, with overall theme of neural circuit plasticity during development and in response to rearing conditions, sensory discrimination training, or stress.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
What You'll Do
- Successful candidates will study mouse or zebrafish models using state-of-the-art technology including in-vivo electrophysiology, super-resolution microscopy, and spatial transcriptomics.
- PhD required.
- Experience in high-quality neurocircuit-related published articles, and experience in cutting-edge structural, functional, or molecular research methods in neuroscience.
- The WVU Neuroscience community is highly collaborative, and the successful candidate will work in collaboration with other researchers within and outside their laboratory. Candidates should have excellent scientific writing and oral communication skills.
- Interested individuals should submit a curriculum vita, and the names and addresses (including e-mail) of three (3) references.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2023
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes