Posting Number: req17585
Department: James C Wyant Coll Optical Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Wyant College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona is seeking applicants for a Research Scientist to oversee and conduct research in the field of novel fiber devices, fiber lasers, and photonic systems.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead research efforts in laser and photonic system design, characterization, and testing. Oversee photonic component design and characterization, optical testing, and measurements. Develops and implements improvements to existing photonic system design and testing.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to conduct optical testing and measurement.
- Prepares reports for sponsors, manuscripts for publication, and participates in the acquisition of research funding.
- Supervises/mentors undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ph.D. degree in Optical Sciences/Photonics or related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Researchers & Scientists
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.