Public Relations Spec,Sr (req27039)
Requisition ID: req27039
Working Title: Public Relations Spec,Sr
Position Grade: 13
The Alumni Relations Office has an exciting opportunity to contribute to the operations of a great team while also serving as an important connection between the Alumni Association, the Alumni Relations Office, and The University of New Mexico.
The Senior Public Relations Officer will be responsible for developing and executing public relations, communications, and marketing collateral and managing platforms for involvement and connections. The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set across multiple medias and be able to organize and multi-task, develop relationships, and develop program analytics.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists and advises Alumni Relations Office and Alumni Associated leadership regarding public relations issues and assists in planning and formulating communication and public relations policies, strategies and programs to enhance the engagement of the campus community and UNM alumni.
- Implements and ensures messaging follows the strategy, meets deadlines, and adheres to brand standards and identity.
- Oversees the delivery of email communications from the Alumni Association and its affiliated programs to Alumni which includes list development, design, proofreading, and overall management of the process.
- In collaboration with Alumni Relations Office staff and other campus partners, produces the Association's monthly e-newsletter and other email communications for special events and activities, ensuring accurate content and timely delivery.
- Supports the production of the Alumni Association's magazine which is produced two times a year to include coordination of the mailing list, printing and web-transfer, proofreading, and, when appropriate, contribute content.
- Oversees the Association's social media platforms and presence.
- Supports Association events and programs by designing and implementing marketing, communications and public relations materials and efforts.
Conditions of Employment
- If this position is assigned to the Athletics Department, either administratively or functionally, compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required.
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign; Photoshop; Illustrator
- Experience in managing email-based marketing efforts and email design
- Ability to write creatively
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with the functionality of diverse social media platforms
- Experience in brand management and creative content
- Experience in marketing platform analytics
- Attention to detail
Campus: Main - Albuquerque, NM
Department: VP Inst Advancement Alumni Relation (276A)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular - Full-Time
Pay: Monthly: $3,955.47 - $5,555.33
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
As a condition of employment, eligible employees working greater than .25 FTE as determined by the New Mexico Education Retirement Act must make mandatory retirement contributions. For more information, review the Benefits Eligibility at a Glance grid.
Background Check Required: Yes
For Best Consideration Date: 9/22/2023
Eligible for Remote Work
Eligible for Remote Work Statement
Tuesday and Thursday are required in-office days. Other days are either remote or in office depending on meetings, events, and activities.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Applicants should include a current resume, cover letter outlining their experience as it relates to the preferred qualifications, and a list of at least three supervisory references.