If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at privacy@HigherEd360.com.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- Aggregate Information. You can always browse the Public Site and search for posted positions without providing any personally identifiable information to HigherEd360.com. We gather general information about the number of users browsing the website, the number of users who view certain posted positions, and how users navigate through our Web Site. This information is collected only in the aggregate. We use this information to provide aggregated statistical feedback to the institutions posting positions on our website, to publicize our website and to further develop our website to maximize the benefits realized by our users.
Personally Identifiable Information. HigherEd360.com collects personally identifiable
information when you register for a personal account through HigherEd360.com, create a
Resume Profile and when you elect to receive information from us through "opt-in" services we
may provide. We only offer "Opt-in" services and they are only offered when the user
purposefully checks a box or another method of indicating their specific intention of being
included for the service so provided. When you create a user ID and password, we collect your
name, e-mail address, state and country of residence, academic/administrative focus, years in
higher education and years of work experience. We may also request other information such as
your ZIP Code, career level, highest degree earned, salary level and professional affiliations. Any
information you provide to HigherEd360.com when registering for a personal account is
maintained and accessible only by HigherEd360.com. We use this information in the aggregate
for demographic purposes. We may use that information to e-mail you information about
maintenance schedules, as well as special promotions and other general updates from
HigherEd360.com or third parties that may be relevant to you and your career in higher
education. HigherEd360.com provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of
communications. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of
registration or by opting in for a particular service, and later decide you no longer want to receive
them, simply follow the opt-out procedures contained on the website or email us at
WE DO NOT SELL OR OTHERWISE SHARE ANY OF YOUR
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY OTHER
We post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. We do obtain the customer's consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@HigherEd360.com.
- Resume Center. If you register for a personal HigherEd360 account, you will have the option of posting a form of your resume on the Restricted Site. We request certain personally identifiable information in order for you to post your resume, such as your name and address, email address and experience working in higher education. We include this information, when and only if you so elect, in a database for institutional and other paying subscribers to search for potential candidates online. In addition, you have the ability to draft a personal resume and cover letter in the resume textbox. There are two primary ways you can use the Resume Center:
- You can create and store your resume on our database, but not allow it to be searched by any institutions of higher education or other employers. Not allowing your resume to be searchable means that you can use it to apply for a position online, but it will not be searchable through our Resume Database.
- You can store your resume in our database and allow it to be searched by universities and employers that subscribe for access to our resume database. You may elect to have your personal contact information disclosed to universities and employers searching our database, or not have any personal contact information disclosed. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, university and other subscribers who have paid for access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes, nor any information disclosed on your resume or cover letter posted on our website. Please note that once you create a resume online and permit it to be searched, all information contained in your resume and cover letter can be collected and used by our paying subscribers. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties, for which Internet Employment Linkage, Inc. is not responsible.
Tracking Technologies. We Internet Employment Linkage and our partners use technologies
such as cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users'
movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Job Postings. Persons, whether as individuals or as employees of a business who use the Employer Section or the Single Posting Pages of the website may be asked for their business email addresses, business address and phone, billing information, and a password. Although there is no cost to Job Seekers for using the services on the website, Job Posters will be charged a fee for requested services. We use data collected from Job Posters to provide requested services.
- Payments By Credit Card. We use an outside bank merchant account to verify credit card data so we can bill and account for products sold to Job Posters. This company does not retain, share, store or use credit card data for any other purposes.
Third Party Advertisers. The ads appearing on this website are delivered to users by third
party ad servers. We share website usage information about users with reputable third parties for
the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site.
- Blogs. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our blog or community forum, contact us at content@HigherEd360.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In certain situations, Internet Employment Linkage may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements.
If Internet Employment Linkage is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
We may also provide your personally identifiable information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
YOU CAN MODIFY YOUR INFORMATION AT ANY TIME
Upon request Internet Employment Linkage will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. HigherEd360.com allows you to change, correct or remove your personally identifiable information from the website at any time. To do so, simply log into your HigherEd360 account, go to your account profile, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted. Alternatively, you may contact our Customer Support by emailing us at content@HigherEd360.com by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may also opt-out of any communication by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at content@HigherEd360.com. In order to keep information fresh and pertinent, your account on the restricted site (My Account) will be deleted after six (6) months of non-use. In addition, our website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. Users may change this information any time and as often as necessary. HigherEd360.com does reserve the right to send a one-time registration confirmation e-mail, and infrequent service messages to its customers to inform them of specific changes to HigherEd360.com's services or special alerts, regardless of email contact opt-in status. Examples of such a special alert message, to the email address you supplied, would be notification of the impending closing of an account that is believed to be abandoned or the addition of important new features to an existing service.
Job Posters may update their account information and manage their job postings by logging into their account through the Post a Job section of our website.
SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information contained on our website. During the subscription or registration process, you will have the option to provide a password for your account. We authenticate your access to our website through your use of your user ID and password, and protect your information with firewall protections. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Particularly sensitive information, such as a college or university's credit card number collected for a commerce transaction, is encrypted prior to transmission using a Blowfish Encryption Algorithm and purged upon receipt. See www.schneier.com/blowfish.html for more information on the protections provided by this encryption. Please be advised that you are ultimately responsible for the security of your HigherEd360.com user ID and password. Please take care to store your HigherEd360.com user ID separately from your account password, or better yet, choose a password that you do not need to write down at all.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at privacy@HigherEd360.com.
We do not specifically collect information about children, nor do we authorize use of this website by children.
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email prior to the change becoming effective. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personally identifiable information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
THANK YOU FOR USING HIGHERED360.COM.
Last Updated: 8/28/2018
INTERNET EMPLOYMENT LINKAGE, INC.
715 Lake Street, Suite 400, Oak Park, IL 60301